MEMORIAL DAY 2010
Memorial Day was wonderful, thoughtful, and a little sad. We miss our parents but are so grateful our grandchildren love to go to the cemetery with us to pay tribute to them. We were able to to go to Camp Williams to visit my parents graves while they were having a Memorial Day ceremony. Sen. Hatch, the governor, and a 21 gun salute make it more fun for the grandkids. Later that same day, we drove up to Wellsville to pay tribute to Spence's parents. Karen, thanks for riding home with us. It was fun....especially with Saunie, Parker, and Riley coming along. We stopped in Ogden for lunch on the way home. A few weeks earlier Stacie came down from Montana and remembered her grandparents.Then, Susannah was able to visit her grandparents both in Wellsville and Camp Williams. Thank you Stacie, Susannah, Saunie, and Seth for loving and respecting your grandparents. I know how hard it is for you, Shad and Shiloh, to be so far away and not able to visit. We know you would be here also...that goes for you too Linda and Clay.
We have had a lot of fun with all the birthdays in May and June. First, we celebrated Julie's, then Brock's, Parker's and Jeremy's. Nana has been pretty busy decorating cakes lately, too. It has certainly brought back many, many memories. Here are a few pictures of all the fun we have been having around here lately.
JULIE'S BIRTHDAY:
Papa gets the fun...I get to decorate the cakes. Fair trade off...don't think so!
Julie had lots of help blowing out her candles.
PARKER'S BIRTHDAY
Parker had a fun party with friends. This is his cake I decorated. All I know is that it is a Ben10 watch and Ben10 is some super hero. Parker seems to think he is Spiderman and it certainly looks like it. When Saunie said he could climb the wall I had no idea what she meant...but after watching him, HE CAN CLIMB THE WALL. The picture tells it all!!!
The kids all had a blast jumping in this castle. Taison and Aunt Susannah came down a day early (they had a party for Jeremy in Park City with his parents) so they could come to the party.
I know Susannah...this is not your best picture but it was the only one and it was so sweet having little Carter asleep in your arms.
I had to take this picture of Cousin Taison acting silly and squished in the castle. He is so cute!!! I am not prejudice, am I? I do have the most adorable grandchildren!!!
JEREMY'S BIRTHDAY
A few days later, we drove up to Park City and met the Harris family including Jeremy's parents for a wonderful evening of dinner, cake, and chatting. Thanks Jeremy for having a birthday (the steaks were delicious and the rest of the dinner was fantastic!) and Marilyn and John for inviting us up to your condo. It was great!
BROCK'S BIRTHDAY
Friday, Julie had a fun party for Brock's 8th birthday. I didn't get any pictures but I was surely busy helping. I loved it. Julie turned the house and yard into a Super Spy Academy complete with disguises, pictures, ID badges, obstacle course, major theft of all the gifts, going on a clue hunt to find the bad guy (Seth), finding the presents, blasting the thief with water balloons, then cake and ice cream. It was awesome and the kids loved every minute of it. I bet their parents were happy when they got home and were too tired to bother anyone!


























What? I didn't know you were a cake decorator!!! I am way impressed. I love how you each support each other in every way...those who have come before, those here now, and the rising generation. You are all an example to me of what family is truly about.
ReplyDelete